"The good wife" is an american serie appared forthe first time on September the 22nd 2009 in CBS an US channel. This serie is a drama that has 96 chapters divided in 5 seasons. It is directed and created by Robert and Michelle King and produced by Ridley Scott.
This serie is starring by:
Julianna Margulies Alicia Florrick
Chris Noth Peter Florrick
Josh Charles Will Gardner
Chritine Baranski Diane Lockhart
Archie Panjabi Kalinda Sharma
Matt Czurchy Cary Agos
Alan Cumming Eli Gold
Graham Phillips Zachary (Zach) Florrick
Makenzie Vega Grace Florrick
Peter (North) is a popular politician who ends up in jail for embezzlement and sexual scandal. Since then, the life of Alicia Florrick (Julianna Margulies), his wife after 13 years, it crumbles. Must rebuild his life after suffering the humiliation of appearing in public beside him. To do this, resumed her work as a lawyer at a prestigious law firm, without forgeting her family life. In fact, by all means seek their teens to stand by the scandal. The serie is inspired by a real case: the New York Governor Eliot Spitzer, who lost his job over a sex scandal with a luxury prostitute.
Season 1 summary:As a junior associate at a prestigious Chicago law firm, she joins her longtime friend, former law school classmate and firm partner Will Gardner, who is interested in rekindling their former relationship. The firm's top litigator and other partner, Diane Lockhart, likes Alicia's work and her connections so she and Will award her with a full-time associate position following a trial period. Alicia beat out Cary Agos, a clever young attorney who takes a job in the state's attorney's office, now bitter and vengeful. Alicia finds an ally and a friend in Kalinda, the firm's tough and mysterious in-house investigator. Gaining confidence every day, Alicia transforms herself from embarrassed politician's scorned wife to resilient career woman, especially for the sake of providing a stable home for her children, 14-year-old Zach and 13-year-old Grace. Now that Peter is back home and planning to run for office again with help from Eli Gold, his cunning image consultant, Alicia continues to redefine herself and her role in her family's life.
The good wife have various notions the main ones are:
- conjugal power: The relationship between Peter and his wife is deteriorated because he cheated on her. He is condammed to prison for sexual scandal and Alicia feels like her marriage is broken but for instance she didn´t get divorced.
- law power: In one hand, Alicia Florrick starts working as a counsel for the difense in Stern, Lockhart & Gardner (a law firm). In the other hand Peter was also condammed for political corruption and misappropiation of money. Little by little we found out how much powerfull is the law in US.
- Love power: Thanks to Will Alicia can work on this firm, Will loves her since the university. There is also the feeling of love between Peter and our main character but this love is not pure the couple has to rebuild this love (husband-wife).
- Money power: Some cases that Alicia have to defend are about moneyor frauds. His husband is also acused of misappropiation and the firm is sometimes in crisis. So we can see how much the money is important here.
- Family power: This power is exerced by Alicia becuase she have to learn how to take care about her children alone and the arrest of Peter don't have to divide the family. She work everyday and she tries to defend her children of annoucements referinf to the family.
- Media power: This notion is present everywhere in the serie. First, there is a lot of newspapers that tells the situation of Alicia's husband and it also involves her and her children. The media and the commercials are also very meaningfull because when Peter can return into work we want to become the governor of Illinois so the campaign is represented by medias.
The good wife is one of the most succesfull series of the US and the winner of several awards, a very entertaining, realistic and touching story.